2024-05-28 Sculpt, Paint, & Texture Module Meeting

Check the overview thread for more information about the meeting.


  • Sean Kim
  • Sergey Sharybin
  • Raul Fernandez Hernandez
  • Hans Goudey

Since the Last Meeting

  • Sean landed quite a few more gesture operators, and has been working on stroke stabilization for the lasso tools.
  • Hans has been refactoring and cleaning up code in the sculpting area, with nothing user visible though, except the occasional small performance improvement.
  • Raul has been working on a couple multires bug fixes.

Meeting Topics

  • The first larger changes to the draw brush won’t be landed until next week when the 4.2 LTS branches to the release branch. In the meantime there are plenty of other things to do so there won’t be problems with dependencies between PRs.
  • The brush refactor starting with the draw brush has slightly improved performance, but profiling revealed that the majority of time is not spent calculating the brush deformation.
  • Hans will continue refactoring code to remove the problematic vertex iterator macro. Sean will finish up the lasso tool stabilization and also look at some similar refactors. For the moment Raul will continue looking into multires bugs and crashes.
  • We’ll meet more often in the future, probably twice a week. But it doesn’t really make sense to do that until momentum picks up for the planned coding.

I can’t believe the sculpture project is finally starting. I’m so happy. :+1: :+1: :+1: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: