The meeting will be on 2023-11-14T11:00:00Z. It is open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet. Note that there are no recordings of the meeting. This way everybody is free to say or show anything.
- A&R Module Meetings calendar for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- Issues & Pull Requests
- #animation-module chat channel
- Draft agenda for any upcoming meetings
- 06bcbc644ce: Refactor: extract function from insert_keyframe_value (Christoph Lendenfeld) (2023-11-10)
- Nathan is working on hierarchical bone collections for Blender 4.1.
- Christoph is working on improving Blender’s key framing workflows.
- There is a buildbot build ready for testing: #113504 - Anim: Insert keyframes without keying sets - blender - Blender Projects
- Rik will start testing that now.
- Christoph created a PR to quickly frame a property in the graph editor from elsewhere in the UI: #114407 - Anim: View FCurve of Property in the Graph Editor - blender - Blender Projects
- Would like testing from the animators.
- Nate Rupsis: #1055029: Anim: Action bake custom properties 4 6. Currently under review.
- Ivan et al. have put together a surface deform modifier for grease pencil strokes.
- Works by binding grease pencil strokes to the surface of a mesh.
- This in turn allows you to animate with standard armatures, with standard key frames and animation tools.
- Allows you to bind grease pencil frames at different deformed frames of the binding mesh.
- Ivan: we’re not developing the PR actively for the moment. There are questions about how best to integrate it with upcoming grease pencil changes.
- Rik: looks like a real game changer. Would be great to have. Makes it easy to marry the 2d and 3d elements, because it allows 2d elements to be animated on e.g. fours but the 3d to be animated on ones.
- Nathan: I’ll kick off a buildbot build for people to play with.
- The module previously agreed to update the NLA context menu verbage from “Channels” to “Tracks”. Harely pointed out a few more areas where the “Channel” termonology is used. Nate thinks we should update it across the board. #114202
- Decision: module agrees it should be updated across the board.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 2023-11-23T17:00:00Z. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.