Meeting to talk about possible targets for August, and how to structure the UI work to be carried out by Harley.
- Brecht Van Lommel
- Dalai Felinto
- Fiona Cohen
- Harley Acheson
- Julian Eisel
- Pablo Vazquez
- Module organization
- Brecht will help with prioritization, but not on the day-to-day, follow-ups and code review.
- Fiona will help checking on tasks and follow-ups.
- Pablo and Julian will carry on review.
- Harley is available for development and patch review.
- Focus should be on important roadmap projects, less “arbitrary” UI development.
- Have UI module meetings again
- Bi-weekly meetings for the module.
- Weekly check on status of patches/targets.
- These meetings are not for elaborate design discussions.
- Meetings at every other Tuesday at 17:00 CEST.
- Harley will organize the meetings.
- Secure the UI consistency for the daily changes
- Someone combs over commits or PRs to pick questionable UI changes. (Pablo).
- Reiterate on devtalk about including the UI team on UI-related PRs.
- Always write down concrete action points.
- Ongoing projects (add links or create tasks)
- Asset shelf
- Drag & drop improvements #107742
- Animation Review (may wait until next meeting)
- NLA duplicate changes #110316
- Keymap drawing changes (e.g., X for locked keyframes)
- No clear tasks until design is done (Pablo).
- UV Packing redo capability. [task needed]
- Asset preview management - necessary for #108806: Asset System: Remove asset handle (compatibility breaking 4.0 change):
- Garbage collection for preview images [design task needed]
- Store previews in
AssetRepresentation(fixes preview reloading on redo).
- Technical documentation: Harley can continue writing docs for UI code.
- Low priorities:
- Use tree-view for UI list template (enabling drag & drop for material slots, vertex groups, etc.)
- Composable icons (see #99890: Rewrite File Browser UI to use views)
- Harley organizes meeting for Aug 15
- Pablo does design review for above mentioned patches by Harley
- Julian creates/updates design tasks for the points above
- Brecht reviews asset shelf
- Julian & Harley do another meeting on priorities and implementation details, Thu 17:00 CEST