- Brecht Van Lommel
- Habib Gahbiche
- Omar Emara
- Richard Antalik
- Sergey Sharybin
- Sergey and Brecht worked on an initial design for multiple render passes support in viewport compositor.
- Brecht got an initial support of GPU compositor used for non-viewport compositor.
- Habib worked on the aspect ratio display for the compositor. From quick discussion it seemed fine to have it a viewer setting in the compositor, to match other editors.
- Habib is also looking into expression node. The meeting agreed to create a feedback thread, to align design decision between compositor, shader, and geometry nodes. On a technical side looking into simple driver expression could give good inspiration.
- The meeting agreed that Kuwahara filter can go in the main branch. Sergey will do the final pass of review.
- Omar worked on movie distortion node for the viewport compositor.
- Omar looked into CPU evaluator for the realtime compositor together with Jacques. The outcome of it is that using multi-functions instead of fields seemes to be the way to go.
- Richard worked on “Set Speed” for the retiming tool, which allows to manually type in desired speed
- Brecht will work a design for the viewer and file output nodes for the GPU compositor and review it with Omar.
- Brecht and Sergey will go over the document describing the difference between Tiled, Full-Frame and Realtime compositors, and make an actionable proposal for unifying behavior.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of VFX & Video in Blender. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.