This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: May 22, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-05-22T09:30:00Z → 2023-05-22T10:00:00Z)
- Blender studio requested a transparency pass for Eevee. #107890 - EEVEE: Add Transparent Render-Pass option - blender - Blender Projects
- Limitted to monochromatic opacity; colored opacity will show differently than in combined pass
- Continued with Tracking and color management nodes
- Realtime Compositor: Implement Convert Color Space node · d91f0bf8d2 - blender - Blender Projects
- Realtime Compositor: Implemenet Plane Track Deform node · 6698e8f4a0 - blender - Blender Projects
- Realtime Compositor: Implement Denoise node · e8c660b855 - blender - Blender Projects
- Realtime Compositor: Implement Stabilize 2D node · 88d03d15c1 - blender - Blender Projects
- Fix #107583: HSV node gives differ from CPU compositor · f9b5b0efd2 - blender - Blender Projects.
- During the meeting did a discussion about the double edge mask node, in paint and tracking nodes that aren’t easy to be converted to a GPU scalable algorithm
- For double edge mask we need to research if an SDF approach would be possible.
- Some nodes use an external library/code and might need to rewritten to be GPU capable.
- Fixed a regression that broke Volume rendering in EEVEE and Cycles
- Addressed feedback for Volumes and SSS.
- Found and fixed a crash in EEVEE Next when the Scene doesn’t have a World.
- Ported most shape cache functions from DRW_cache to Overlay Next.
- Initial graphics pipeline was reviewed landed in main.
- Has been validated to work on AMD/Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Windows and Linux systems.
- Many advanced features have not been implemented and can crash Blender when using.
- Started on technical documentation. Vulkan Backend - Blender Developer Documentation Note that the documentation is hosted on a temporary documentation experiment for now.