This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: May 8, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-05-08T09:30:00Z → 2023-05-08T10:00:00Z)
- Implemented remaining nodes
- Denoise node (not realtime yet due to GPU<->CPU roundtrip)
- Stabilize 2d node
- Texture node (still has some artifacts that needs user feedback)
- Corner pin node
- Mask node
- Continued with the graphics pipeline. Smaller changes already landed in main. Currently most of the immediate mode works, viewport don’t work yet. (#106224 - WIP: Vulkan: Initial Graphics Pipeline - blender - Blender Projects) Note that “work” in this sense doesn’t mean that it is usable. The Vulkan backend still requires changes to become usable/stable et al in order to be usable for end-users.
- Resources of devices are feed after the device is destroyed → Crashes Blender at exit.
- Vertex attribute data conversion is missing resulting some shaders not to work
- Draw manager isn’t working as it crashes when allocating global resources. This has to do with texture format support. Need to investigate as 1d texture should be supported by all platforms.
- This list isn’t complete and it only shows the issues we are currently aware of.