The meeting will be an off-schedule meeting on 2023-03-14T11:00:00Z. It is open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet. Note that there are no recordings of the meeting. This way everybody is free to say or show anything.
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- Issues & Pull Requests
- #animation-module chat channel
- Last meeting Sybren said the drawing backend is going to be replaced soon. As it turns out, it’s not going to be replaced soon, it’s a low-priority task.
- Ongoing work on sketching out the architecture of the animation system.
606e4b35f234: Copy Global Transform: allow mirroring of pasted transforms
- MohammadHossein: how about the idea of mirroring relative to the 3D cursor?
- Sybren: that’ll need better control over the 3D cursor’s orientation.
- Idea: to make snapping of 3D cursor to a bone respect the bone orientation as well.
- MohammadHossein will check who implemented the orientation of the 3D cursor.
- MohammadHossein is interested in implementing this.
#105039: Copy Global Transform: Mirrored
- Landed in
main, will be in Blender 3.6.
- Needs updates to the manual.
- Landed in
- #99113: Add Selection functionality to weight painting mode
- #103855: Animation Editors Paper Cuts
- #104882: Animation: Add duration display to frame range settings
#105427: Bone relation lines: draw between axis points
- MohammadHossein: How about showing what is child & parent in the relation?
- Sybren: bigger issue of visualisation of objects & armatures.
#105532: Animation: Allow NLA strips to be horizontally shuffled
- Fresh off the press!
#105466: WIP: New armature draw mode “spheres”
- To discuss: how to deal with edit mode, and sphere sizes.
- MohammadHossein: maybe draw the rest of the bone transparent-shadowy.
#104678: UI: File Save Incremental Operator
- Harley Acheson asked for our input on this.
- MohammadHossein: Maybe integrate with Git for versioning?
- Sybren: not directly, but a new hook/handler for incremental save.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 2023-03-23T17:00:00Z. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.
NOTE: The next meeting will be the last one in NL Winter Time / CET. At least for the next half year. The meeting after that will be on 2023-03-30T16:00:00Z, which might be an hour earlier than you’re used to.