This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: March 13, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-03-13T10:30:00Z → 2023-03-13T11:00:00Z)
- New design has been made for the overlay and selection engine.
- Selection will not be based on GPU queries. This would improve stability across platforms and improve performance.
- Selection engine will be done on top of the overlay engine.
- Merged the retopology PR.
- Added technical documentation of the GPU module (in the header files.)
- New custom ids to improve. Workbench engine already uses this new system.
- Development of Volumes in workbench-next has started.
- Fixed coordinate system.
- Iterate on PR/issues to get the to stable for Blender 3.5
- Synchronization issues
- Planning for this year might focus on Eevee-next t have a MVP as soon as possible. This would mean that after the current outstanding work more development time will be spent on Eevee-next.
- Also requires designs to be more fleshed out.
- Vulkan and compositor project still needs to be discussed this week.
- Might need more effort to get more people involved in the development.