The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
Present: Christoph Lendenfeld, Fani-Eleni Pandi, Marion Stalke, Paolo Acampora, Sybren Stüvel
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet. Note that there are no recordings of the meeting. This way everybody is free to say or show anything.
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- Issues & Pull Requests
- #animation-module chat channel
Since the Last Meeting / Announcements
- The Phabricator-to-Gitea migration will be happening during this meeting.
- Update: The migration is done, and went quite smoothly. The module has a new home at Module: Animation & Rigging - blender - Blender Projects
- Blender 3.5 release has been delayed by two weeks.
- 49ad91b5ab7b: Animation: Enable Pin Icon in the Dope Sheet
- c2c67079190a: Fix T102690: Object can be animated with a single keyframe
- 04aab7d51620: Animation: Add “Select Linked Vertices” to Weight Paint Mode
T104358: Regression: Blender crash in weight paint mode and vertex select checked and then weights → fix deforms
- Christoph will look into it.
T104026: Regression: Click-Drag to select channels in Graph Editor no longer working
- Sybren will check Christoph’s patch + Campbell Barton’s suggestions.
T103855: Animation Editors Paper Cuts
- Ongoing work by Christoph.
- Still open for suggestions on the devtalk thread
- Marion: worse papercut is “animation bleeding”, when you have > 1 action in a file, and not have everything keyed in the first frame. Then switching between Actions can cause partial poses to bleed from one to the other. A solution: (optionally) when switching the action, reset properties that were keyed in the old one, but not in the new one, to rest pose / default values.
T99113: Add Selection functionality to weight painting mode
- Christoph will look into Ctrl +/- for grow/shrink selection soon.
- Loop Select is for later.
Last meeting we discussed these; after the Gitea migration is over, they’ll likely get some more attention:
Christoph asked for Bstudio animators to join the meeting
- Marion: maybe film them working to see what’s blocking them?
- Marion could maybe record in march/april
- Christoph animates too, also sometimes fixes Blender because of it.
Since the migration is going smoothly, the module meetings are back on their normal schedule (once per week on Thursday, with once per month a shift to Tuesday).
The next meeting will be on Thursday 16 February, 18:00-19 CET (Your local time: 2023-02-16T17:00:00Z). Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.