The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet. Note that there are no recordings of the meeting. This way everybody is free to say or show anything.
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- #animation-module chat channel
- Documentation for the Copy Global Transform add-on.
T101130: Regression: Scaling of NLA Strip Via S Hotkey Not Working
- Nate is working on it. Scaling works properly, but the fix made extending strips no longer work.
T87548: Propagate Pose, Next Keyframe
- Work in progress by Christoph. He’s not just addressing this particular issue, but also taking the opportunity to clean up some code & get the overall behaviour more predictable.
T99113: Add Selection functionality to weight painting mode
- Nate started looking into “mesh selection in weight painting mode” a while back, and it seemed to have its quirks. He’ll take another look.
- Shaping and prioritising of work on Animation 2025 Opportunity Solution Tree (OST).
- Sybren: the order in which we do work is relevant, maybe things like Rig Explainer should be done after building, say, a new Armature system?
- Marion: Rig Explainer could aid in creation / debugging of such a new armature system, so having it beforehand could be a good investment.
- Amélie: What about Grease Pencil (GP)? Can we avoid more if-GP-switches in the code? Also from the artists’ point of view, keying is conceptually quite different when animating in 3D or in 2D/GP. Not directly something for in the OST, but still good to keep in mind.
- Sybren flagged some opportunities in the OST as “interesting to start with”, and asks the module to cast their votes on what they would prioritise.
- Most voted were the Bone Picker, Rig Profiler, Mesh Ghosting, improving mesh deformation speed (CPU-to-GPU traffic). With a note from Demeter that the animators at Blender Studio really want to have a bone picker.
T103074: Armature Modifier: Multi Modifier changes the meaning of the mask vertex group
- Module agrees this is buggy
- Likely rare that this is set from Python. Might be used in some rig generator script, but this is not known to the people present.
Marion: asks about situation where a single F-Curve gets multiple keyed values on the same frame.
- Sybren: this is always considered a bug, please report it as such.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 22 December, 18:00-19 CET (Your local time: 2022-12-22T17:00:00Z). Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.