This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: November 28, 2022, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2022-11-28T10:30:00Z → 2022-11-28T11:00:00Z)
Most time this week was spend on bug fixing for the upcoming release.
- Worked on implementing custom int attributes support for the draw manager.
Reworked the way the GPU subdivision shaders are cached/retrieved.The previous method ignored the defines parameter after the first shader compilation. (T102076) (D16420) (needs review)
- Added support for optimizing-out unused inputs in Mix nodes (ie. when the mix factor is 0 or 1).
Needed to avoid setting wrong/unwanted material flags. (T100904) (D16533) (needs review)
- Fixed an issue with shadow maps bounds ignoring the light “Volume Factor” (T101965) (D16513).
- Updated the EEVEE modulo node to match Cycles/OSL behavior (T101562) (D16497).
- Improved the name of code-generated shader variables in debug builds (D16496).
- Investigated and closed/discarded T100420, T97024 and T101197.
- Fix hair/curve drawing artifacts when workarounds are enabled [5be3a68f58]
- Regression: EEVEE: AMD driver 22.7.1 - 22.8.2: Volumes created from VDB and Geometry Nodes show artifacts [51914d4a4a]
- We should find a stakeholder for the project to work as part of the project to help make the right decisions.
- Fix T102554: Crash when Use Nodes is enabled. rBdd260d2f.
- Extend option to enable realtime compositor. D16509.
- Disable Realtime Compositor on MacOS. D16510.
- Add usage option to Composite node. D16531.
- Warn about unsupported setups in Realtime Compositor. D16508.
- Did more work toward support the Glare node.
- UI/UX changes are still needed and have to be prototyped (Error messages in tooltips, Error messages in nodes)
- Current implementation of error messages in nodes is to tailored towards Geometry nodes. After checking with the Nodes module we will hard code the messages we need for now.
- Colored error messages in tooltips are not supported yet, although most things in the UI module are hackish we could also use a label in stead of a tooltip.
- We prefer to use a Is Viewer node to be more generic solution (proposal was to have a similar option as the Material output node. )