This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: November 14, 2022, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2022-11-14T10:30:00Z → 2022-11-14T11:00:00Z)
- Currently Blender 3.4 beta doesn’t have the option to enable the viewport compositor. During the meeting we discussed if everyone was confident to enable it as an experimental feature.
- It will become available as an experimental feature.
- When running on platforms that do not match the minimum requirement should not crash. This still needs to be implemented
- Jeroen will help Omar on hardware support.
- Before the viewport compositor can be an non-experimental feature the nodes in the distort category and some filter nodes still needs to be added.
- Note that there is still a discussion being done to make viewport compositor non experimental for 3.4. But it needs to tell the user exactly what is not working in the UI.
- Development continued on the workbench-next. Mostly focussed on Dof and TAA
- Initial review pass has been done and will be addressed.
- Development will continue on clipping borders and F12 rendering.
- Several patches are in the making
- Eevee create info patch
- Compute shaders
- Some compatibility patches.
- Project is at a stage where heavier testing is being conducted to make sure that it works on more platforms.
- Initial development branch has been made. After the initial implementation this branch will be picked up by someone to add the missing features.
- Simplified drawing structures are added to prepare to be used on other render engines as well.
- Changes are being applied to the drawing code from discussion with the GPencil module.
- Initial commit with empty vulkan backend has been added. Several developers mentioned that they were waiting for that to happen to actual start working on it. Work should be organized in the
- Initial patch for changes to GHOST was added as well.
- Experiment is being conducted to add a virtual monitor. This is just an experiment to show how this could be done and how such workflow would look like (both for users and the impact on the development side).
- It is not expected to land to master it this form, but to start defining the changes that is needed to add this to master eventually.
- BCon 3 is shorter than normal and bug fixing should have priority.