The meeting will be open for anyone interested in joining the video call (link below).
Meeting time: 15:00 CEST (Your local time: 2022-10-18T13:00:00Z).
- Dalai Felinto
- Hans Goudey
- Jacques Lucke
- Zhen Dai
- Charlie landed a couple improvements to link-drag-search suggested by Simon a376c4c3c357, f5e1a2119d25
- Dalai added some node operators to improve asset integration 6beeba1ef5ae
- A few new nodes for 3.4
- Hans committed a couple tweaks to mesh/curve topology nodes c3b6e372542f, 248def7e4806
- Point cloud objects can have modifiers applied b3e6a2888a2d
- Some discussion about Erindale’s list of nodes/features
- We were missing a few people and didn’t get to this.
T101889: Curves editmode: edit points are drawn from the fully evaluated curves
- Only draw points that can be selected and edited like in mesh edit mode.
- It would be great if the crazyspace editing could work with the transform tools, but we weren’t sure how that works.
Node Editor: Controlled node link swapping
- Making this more explicit would be good, generally seems like an improvement.
- The downside is taking away one of the available modifier keys.
- Artist input would be helpful.
- This patch uses the same modifier key: Nodes: Allow skipping node attachment after dragging
Node Editor: Icon number indicator for data-blocks
- Will help with node group assets.
- Show the node group ID template in the “Group” tab of the sidebar in a no-header panel.
- Should we get rid of the ID template in node groups completely?
- We do this already for node groups that come as assets.
- Maybe. You always want to rename a node group after creating it, and we might not want to force everyone to the sidebar. So maybe there could be a popup for choosing the name.
- Selection output for the subdivide node(s)
- With a selection of “old edges” it would be possible to retrieve everything else.
- Hans can make a design task for the subdivide node selection output.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday November 1, 15:00-16 CEST (Your local time: 2022-11-01T14:00:00Z), which is 2 weeks from this meeting. The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #geometry-nodes channel before the meeting.