- Brecht Van Lommel
- Campbell Barton
- Dalai Felinto
- Sergey Sharybin
(Bastien Montagne could not attend)
This meeting was focused only on the VFX Reference Platform. It was a follow up of the previous bf-admin meeting.
Since then we talked and have now an agreement in regard Blender 3.3.
The official statement will be announced later in a well crafted blog post. But for the scope of the meeting notes it boils down to:
- Make it easy for anyone interested to build Blender 3.3 with Python 3.9 support.
- Announce those changes as part of the next LTS update (3.3.1).
- Invite anyone having difficulties integrating Blender 3.3 in their pipeline to reach out to the Blender Foundation.
- CMake building option + include Python 3.9 libraries (Campbell)
- Test for OSX and Windows (Brecht)
- Update the Wiki to mention VFX Reference Platform (Sergey)
- Blog post and coordinate with the LTS team (Dalai)
There will be no need to provide a full build with source with Libraries since there will be no official binary distributed that comes with Python 3.9.