- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Thomas Dinges (Blender)
- Christophe Hery (Meta)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Nikita Sirgienko (Intel)
- Stefan Werner (Intel)
- Xavier Hallade (Intel)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Path Guiding:
- Brecht works on a few remaining changes to make it ready for master, hopes to merge this week.
- There will be a new OpenPGL release with optimizations and fixes. The library can be updated to the new version independent of the merge.
- AVX2 is broken in the current OpenPGL version, Brecht will temporarily disable it.
- OSL GPU:
- Various code refactors for this were merged to master.
- Patrick is working on upgrading to the latest OSL version, currently encountering some render errors.
- Patrick will create developer.blender.org task with to do items.
- We want to avoid dependency of OSL build on CUDA toolkit and OptiX. OptiX is easy to remove, CUDA may be possible by using clang though this has some issues currently. For OSL the plan seems to be for this to not be a requirement at all, but timeline is unknown.
- One missing feature is image texture loading through file paths, may be possible to make it work by querying OSL shader and loading in advance?
- Intel oneAPI:
- Patches for oneAPI linking and kernel profiling needed review, hopefully done this week.
- Stefan looks into adding support for using host memory fallback.
- AMD HIP
- There is a performance regression related to matrix inverse changes, will be looked into.
- Hardware ray-tracing aimed for Blender 3.5.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Google Calendar Event
- Next Meeting: October 4 2022, 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2022-10-04T15:00:00Z → 2022-10-04T16:00:00Z)