2022-08-11 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Michael Kowalski, Sonny Campbell

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

Collections for Import/Export Design

Sonny briefly presents its first prototype exploring the idea to add import/export operators settings into a collection, currently supporting a subset of the USD I/O code.

Some initial questions are raised regarding how to handle operators’ properties in a generic way (both UI wise, and for storage). Bastien suggests to look at how the ‘redo’ panel for operations in the 3DView is implemented, talking to Campbell Barton could also be a good idea.

The meeting also reafirms the importance of getting the main ideas and steps of the project layed out in tasks as soon as possible, Sonny and Michael will work on this.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 25th August, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2022-08-25T15:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

2 Likes