This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender Eevee/viewport module development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on Eevee/viewport in Blender is welcome to join.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Next Meeting: July 25, 2022, 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2022-07-18T09:30:00Z → 2022-07-18T10:00:00Z)
- Brecht van Lommel
- Omar Emara
- Clément Foucault
- Michael Parkin-White
- Review is nearly finished.
- A few concerns were raised about the compositor inputs and output nodes implementations. They are design issues that will take a bit of refactor to avoid the unecessary VRAM roundtrips and their performance implication.
- It was decided to merge the implementation during the 3.4 BCon1 phase.
- The unsupported node fallback discussed last week has been implemented.
- New TAA implementation shows improvement over the previous one. There is still some bugs to fix before commiting it.
- Vertex Buffer implementation has been submitted Blender Archive - developer.blender.org
- Metal Shader implementation will be submitted first instead of Batch and Immediate.
- Current EEVEE shaders support has been discussed. They are not defined to use shaderCreateInfo. One possibility is to use automatically generated shaderCreateInfo from the GL backend to generate createInfos.