- Clement Foucault
- Brecht van Lommel
- Omar Emara
- Jeroen Bakker
- Dalai Felinto
- [T98708] should be added to a corrective release. It fixes an issue on platforms
That supports OpenGL 4.3, but not the conservative depth extension.
- [T98620] is fixed in master, but was to late to be added to 3.2 release as the
release window was already closed.
- Continued on Eevee next. Most render passes are working.
- Cryptomatte will be handed over to Jeroen.
- Backported multiple memory improvements from the prototype reducing the required memory for render buffers by 50%.
- Known issues
- synchronization: Eevee next uses more async compute shaders.
- performance: might be solved by splicing current shaders into more smaller ones.
- Code reviewing of Apple patches take time. Mostly the time it takes before a review comment is fixed and uploaded
to the patch. We expect that the Metal back-end could slip to another release due to time lead time.
- Image GPU texture de-duplication patch can be reviewed [T98375]
- UI/UX design document has been send to artists of the Blender Studio. Waiting for feedback.
- Researched what the impact is to integrate the GPU and CPU compositor to the new system.
Should be straight-forward, but takes a lot of time. We should do a PoC up front.
- Addressed review comments from the initial patch
- Investigated how iterative patterns could be implemented. This is required for the Fast Gaussian implementation, Glare node
and other that use a loop. Reading papers to see for some existing solutions.
- The viewport compositor should land as an experimental feature. Reasons:
- Quicker feedback loop from users.
- Smaller patches to review.
- Note that the blog-post needs to be updated to reflect that the viewport compositor will land as experimental feature.
- The viewport compositor could be removed from experimental state when:
- All nodes that we expect to be able to work on GPU should be implemented.
- UI/UX should be agreed and implemented.
- Manual should be updated
- How to enable the system?
- How to work with the system?
- What are the limitations?
- Add a tag to each compositor node that support the viewport compositor.
- Brecht worked on texture nodes prototype. Prototype tries to reuse as much as possible. Also looking how to
reuse in other areas as well.
- We discussed a bit how we could do the GPU preprocessing for texture coordinates and texture layers. The viewport
compositor project has a concept of derived tree callback. Question is how could we integrate this with external
- Align GPU/CPU evaluation in the GPU module. GPU Materials still rely on the node stack, what should not
be used anymore.
- Open topic is how o use attributes within texture nodes.
- Hans Goudey is working on the hair/curve drawing. He might need some support from us to help him forward.
- This might also become a project that will be asked the Eevee/viewport module to take over.