- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Lukas Stockner (Blender)
- Nikita Sirgienko (Intel)
- Sebastian Herholz (Intel)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Christophe Hery (Meta)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Lukas is working on merging the Glossy and Anisotropic BSDF node, improve the Glossy BSDF to be compatible with MaterialX, and using the proper per-microfacet Fresnel for glass.
- Weizhen is working on improvements to light gizmos in the 3D viewport.
- Path guiding of glossy is being tested by users with good results.
- Light ray visibility bug: the current patch uses too much GPU memory. Discussed using an approximation but this also seems not ideal. Strategy would be to remove the transmission control and gain back memory by compressing diffuse/glossy ratio as half float.
- HIP-RT is under review but still waiting for a driver. This will be postponed to 3.6 to give enough time for review and testing, but we plan to have a test build available before the 3.5 release.
- HIP compiler bugs are still waiting for a new compiler version to fix them. Brian will check the status, Brecht will check what the exact errors and failing architectures are with latest main.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Google Calendar Event
- Next Meeting: February 21 2023, 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time (Your local time: 2023-02-21T16:00:00Z → 2023-02-21T17:00:00Z)