- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- William Leeson (Blender)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Christophe Hery (Facebook)
- Feng Xie (Facebook)
- Juan Gea Rodriguez (Bone-Studio)
- HIP integration is currently waiting on the kernel compilation patch. The Linux compiler should arrive by the end of the week. We still need to have a message displayed when HIP is not available. Also RC drivers should be available for Windows in November. (Brian)
- Christensen-Burley SSS has been restored in Cycles 3.0. There are also additional fixes for Fresnel reflection and retro-reflection which are closer to the original paper now. Still need to add an option for the SSS node. (Brecht)
- Work is under way to improve the performance of transparent hair shadows using baking. (Brecht)
- Also in progress are further improvements the the new SSS to make it a better replacement for Christensen-Burley SSS. (Brecht)
- Patch for PMJ sampling combined with scrambling distance in progress here. Some slow down was noticed probably due to the need for a second sampler needed for decorrelation. (William)
- Removing ray offsetting still in progress trying to mitigate the speed impact of the changes. (William)
- Ray differential changes may have resulted in a loss of detail in displacement geometry. Would it be possible to have changes as a compile time option? Agree to make this a bug so as to work on it further.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.