- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- William Leeson (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Cycles X: initial multi-device and more complete volume rendering support was committed. This week Sergey and Brecht will likely continue improving those implementations.
- William continues to work on the PMJ correlation issue. The cause is not clear yet.
- Patrick’s patch for OptiX animation denoising is waiting for review, it’s on Brecht’s list.
- Kévin fixed various Cycles bugs last week.
- Jeroen moved to working on Vulkan support, working out the design for things like GLSL shader compilation for multiple backends.
- Some discussion about the OpenSubdiv implementation that Kévin is working on. Right strategy for handling adaptive patches, how to reduce memory usage, how to integrate with other parts of Blender that need a subdivided mesh, etc.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.