Notes for Blender LineArt meeting on Friday, 28 May 2021. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #grease-pencil-module on blender.chat.
Work done this week:
- Cleaned up naming in line art code so now there’s no more weird
rprefix thing in master.
- Array->List optimization now in master.
- Working on function patches so it stays consistent with recent code changes.
- Try thread loading without
use_lightoption when adding GP line art
Yiming Next Week Plan:
- Thread BVH operation.
- Cache patch and other patches.
- Current implementation of BVH to find intersections is still a bit slower than the previous implementation.
- Reasons are probably that all the overlapping bounding boxes are found first (threaded) but then handled linearly after.
- Falk will look into ways of threading the triangle-triangle test as well to speed up the process.