Notes for Blender LineArt meeting on Friday, 7 May 2021. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #grease-pencil-module on blender.chat.
- No progress with Icon design. Waiting for UI team answer/comments. It looks the target was moved to
3.0., so we keep old icon for
2.93and change in next version.
- Antonio commented that Draw Engine never can be customized for LineArt. LineArt is a modifier used in a grease pencil object an must use the same drawing logic.
- YimingWu will update the patch D11130 to display new options only for LineArt objects.
B737example file has missing files and neeed a review. YimingWu has sent a new file to Daniel.
Work done this week (YimingWu):
- Occlusion effectiveness for face material, now allows you to set faces to have 0-3 layers of equivalent occlusion (default off which is 1).
- Floating edge type now can be separately selected.
- Smoothing (remove jaggy points) of chains, strength/sensitivity configurable.
- Also updated some entries to reflect on changes that further extends the developing process.T87739
Next week targets (YimingWu)
- Fix D11130
- Intersection selection method for when line art is in caching mode (otherwise it will select the whole scene).
- Floating edge chaining needs some exceptions in algorithm.
- Try list->array method for more lists in line art, if have more time investigate BVH.