Notes for Blender LineArt meeting on Friday, 23 April 2021. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #grease-pencil-module on blender.chat.
Some optimizations have been done during the week.
- Acceleration using array instead of list in tiling structure.
- Cache for modifier stack & Use first modifier’s configuration for global settings for generating line art.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Manual updates completed.
- Release notes (Wiki) needs to be updated with LineArt features and some cool images and/or videos. Contact with Pablo Vazquez for help.
- Task created for new planned features: #87739 - Line Art further improvement list - blender - Blender Projects
- New icon is not ready yet. Icon must be done asap to avoid stop 2.93 release date.
- Demo files are ready but not in the grease pencil cloud page. YimingWu will ask Daniel M. Lara to put the files in this page.
Actually, LineArt object is set as
In Front to get clean lines over meshes, but this is not an optimal solution for complex scenes, specially if the scene has several grease pencil objects. (example: T87708)
In the future this could be solved using Viewport Composition, but it is still in development.
Possible interim solution would be to add an offset to camera parameter into the modifier. Also, the In Front by default will be removed.
- Put demo files in Cloud page.
- Get new icon.
- Add offset to camera parameter and remove default In Front option.
- Optimize display for cached line art when multiple line art modifiers are in the stack.