Notes for Blender 2.93 bcon3 meeting on Tuesday, 13 April 2021. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
Animation & Rigging
- Updated UI for FCurve Modifiers is merged.
- Weight paint tweaks is merged but needs mention in the release notes. Sebastian Parborg will document this.
- Needs answer regarding the state of the undo task.
- Joseph Eagar mentions that undo is still broken for sculpting.
- He would like to tackle this after 2.93 if no one else does it.
- Campbell Barton will reply to the task with his remarks.
- The outliner overrides view mode merged last week. Jeroen Bakker will add an image to the release notes.
- All 2.93 targets have been completed. Any new feature have been moved to 3.0.
- Still pending review wiki page to add more text and images, specially for LineArt.
- Manual changed for all features/changes except LineArt.
- LineArt manual is on progress.
- No release targets for 2.93, so nothing to confirm.
Nodes & Physics
Pending patches expected to be committed today (13/Apr):
Pipeline, Assets & I/O
- USD Importer was postponed.
Platforms, Builds, Tests & Devices
Self-hosting libraries still needs final review pass and to be committed.
- Dalai Felinto or Sybren Stüvel will go after Ray Molenkamp and Sebastián Barschkis to get the patch reviewed.
- macOS arm64 build solution will be temporary until the new buildbot system goes live in May.
Windows 7 and 8.0 are no longer supported, the new minimum is Windows 8.1.
- Dalai Felinto will talk with Brecht Van Lommel to see if we add a note about this in the buildbot page.
Python & Add-ons
- All changes done already.
- Attribute rendering for EEVEE won’t be done in time for 2.93.
- Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion need images in the release notes.
- Ambient Occlusion refactor was rolled back to something more close to the old implementation to avoid too much regresion.
- All features merged and documented already.
- Cryptomatte workflow will be added to the release notes by Jeroen Bakker.
Sculpt, Paint & Texture
- Scene project and the new Mask Filter postponed since they require a better brush management system.
- Switch Object/Transfer mode operator - Pablo Dobarro will ask Julien Kaspar to review so he can merge it today.
- Viewport navigation locking gizmo still needs final decision and final icons.
- Julien Eisel will add a task to the User Interface module workboard and check what to do before bcon3.
- The status of missing icons is a bit unclear. Julian Eisel will check and make sure things are ready for bcon3.
VFX & Video
- Video Sequence Editor
- FFmpeg: Adjust default proxy settings still needs review. Richard Antalík will get hold of Sergey Sharybin.
- Anti-alias node needs mention in the release notes.
- Splashscreen status needs confirmation. Dalai Felinto will check with Pablo Vazquez.