- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Sergen Eren (Tangent)
- Edoardo Dominici (Tangent)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Radeon Image Filter was should work now, Brecht has not tested yet but expected to be committed in bcon1 still.
- Point cloud rendering will be for 3.0. Edoardo asks if alternative shapes to spheres should be supported, Brecht agrees this would fit in well, just has not been done as part of the first versions.
- Other smaller features like light spread can be done in bcon2.
- The new Cryptomatte node was committed, additional patches are being worked on to improve the UI.
- Brecht proposes to have discussion next week about roadmap for the Blender 3.x release cycles.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: March 23, 2021
Why so few activity about cycles?
What about the senior you were looking for?
And Brecht new job position as core Cycles development?
2.93 LTS is behind the corner and still no mipmapping or many light sampling.
I’m working on some bigger changes in Cycles and will talk about the plans once we get closer to the start of the Blender 3.x release cycle. For 2.93 LTS there were only minor changes planned.
We are in the process of hiring a developer, doing interviews, negotiating with candidates, etc. These things take time, and people can’t switch jobs from one day to the next.
Thanks @brecht, looking forward for new plans you mentioned
Hi. I wonder if those big changes are related only to the code, or if it could also include a change in license for better protection of the code, to ensure that Cycles forks give back useful code.
There are no licensing changes planned.
Ok, thanks for the reply.
Waiting very anxious and curious about what those new plans will be for 3.x.