- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Sergen Eren (Tangent)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- Job posting for Cycles senior software engineer at the Blender Foundation
- Alembic procedural patch updated by Kévin to work more like proxies, Brecht will review.
- Stefan notes the Cycles standalone repo has no been updated, he will look into it himself and ask Brecht for help if needed.
- Stefan also proposes to track the Blender LTS in a Cycles standalone repo branch, for studios that are using Blender LTS along with another Cycles implementation like usdHydra. Brecht agrees with the idea, but to keep amount of work under control perhaps such a branch would be updated once per release along with master, rather than the more frequent Blender LTS releases.
- New depth of field implemented by Clément under review
- Clément focuses on bugfixing for the 2.92 release
- Thomas reports AMD has fixed the normal bug in the driver, expected to be in the next driver release. We already have a workaround in the latest LTS and upcoming release, but this driver update will help users with other Blender versions.
- OpenColorIO 2.0 upgrade is fully implemented and under code review
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: February 9, 2021