- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Sergen Eren (Tangent)
- Kévin committed optimized device updates patch. API encapsulation patch is under review by Brecht.
- Alembic procedural committed, Cycles side only. Blender side will be changed to work more like a proxy where Blender will display a bounding box instead of the full geometry, and Cycles will load the full geometry through the procedural. Kévin will work on this.
- AMD Radeon Image Filters: this library ships with Windows driver, but not on Linux or macOS. We can’t ship closed source binaries as part of the Blender download, so plan is for AMD to have an installer for users, and Cycles can then detect if the library is available much like it is done on Windows.
- Brecht continues focus on bugfixing this week.
- 5 high priority bugs currently for 2.92. Still 3 weeks until the end of bcon3, so considered under control for now.
- Clément has been working on improved depth of field for 2.93, testing different algorithms.
- Jeroen worked on the OpenColorIO 2.0 upgrade, but no specific progress to report yet. Brecht will take over from here.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.