Notes for module meetings of Tuesday, 19 January 2021.
Present: Dalai Felinto (all)
Participant: Campbell Barton.
- Focusing on polishing add-object and face off-center selection
- Compatibility changes has only a “placeholder” at the moment.
- Campbell just removed it
Participant: Julian Eisel.
- Sculpting icons done in time, congratulations.
- Add-object tool could use a review for its cursor.
- Metin Seven to help asset bundle, needs coordination by the module.
- There are two in progress documents (2021 plans and a design guideline)
- Julian to share with Dalai for early feedback.
- Christian Bun (Blender Institute writer) to be involved for a final pass later.
- Asset manager will be on by default in the experimental features panel.
Sculpt, Paint, Texture
Participant: Pablo Dobarro.
Joe Eagar finished his work in the dyntopo next step is clean up
- The patch still needs to be split for review
- There will likely still need to be adjustments
- Pablo will get an update on that
Pablo will write a document with limitations of multi-res
- A discussions can be scheduled afterwards
- EEVEE sculpting for 3.0
- Dalai suggested Pablo to create a new branch for sculpting to handle UV and tangent data
- Then the draw manager team can work on the API to populate only the required data into the batches.
Animation & Rigging
Participant: Sybren Stüvel.
- Poselibs updates:
- The idea is to create a datablock for each pose (contrary to currently in Blender, where one datablock holds multiple poses)
- This makes poses to work as presets, since they are detached from their original Action
- This is compatible with the current asset browser design, where a datablock is seen as a single asset
- Asset browser
- Tags or categories improvements required for the poselib system
- Sybren is working in mockups and will present a proposal for that next week
- NLA release notes are big blocks of text at the moment.
VFX & Video
Participant: Richard Antalík.
- The next step in the VSE project is performance
- For 2.92 some performance patches were merged
- The main performance related improvements are aimed at 2.93
- Richard will update D9414 to get better performance testing feedback
Data, Assets & I/O
Participant: Bastien Montagne.
- Undo patch is ongoing
- Review is hindering its progress
- Target is 2.93
- Override is trying to get syncing to happen automatically
- USD needs some attention if it will be a 2.93 target
Participant: Antonio Vazquez.
- PDF export coming to 2.93 - Ray Molenkam is helping reviewing D9928
- Interpolation improvements
- Control which curves interpolate into which ones
- Work is happening in a branch
- Fill improvements
- Tool to use automatically fill inside Silhouettes
- Multi-frame filling
- Bezier Curve “native” stroke
- Support for bezier curve drawing
- Edit mode to support editing both of points and curves at the same time
- Final design to be discussed tomorrow with Falk David
Nodes & Physics
Meeting didn’t happen.
The rendering topics are handled in a separate meeting that includes the Cycles and EEVEE modules.
- Cryptomatte and AOV could use images.