- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Edoardo (Tangent)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Max Dmitrichenko (Intel)
- Brecht plans to mainly focusing on bugfixing in the next two weeks.
- Kévin will commit his faster updates patch, and Brecht will review the Alembic and API encapsulation patches.
- OptiX curve primitive: it will still take a while to enable this, since it we’ll only have the more compatible shape in the next OptiX release which is not out yet. Unlikely to be in 2.93.
- NanoVDB OpenCL is using double precision data types without checking for the extension, which breaks Intel OpenCL. Fix is under review.
- SSS Dwivedi sampling patch was accepted, ready to be committed.
- Point cloud primitive patch has a performance regression on CUDA and OptiX, Brecht will need to investigate and look for a fix before committing.
- Vulkan is expected to be the main focus for 2.93 development, not major other plans to mention at this point.
- OpenColorIO upgrade to 2.0 is planned for 2.93 to match the VFX reference platform. Jeroen will resume work on this porting likely in a few weeks from now, still plenty of time to finish this.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: January 26, 2021