Notes for module meetings of Tuesday, 8 December 2020.
Present: Dalai Felinto (all)
- Nothing in particular.
Participant: Bastien Montagne, Campbell Barton.
- Campbell to make a plan to tackle tools polishing with Julien Kaspar.
- 2.92 plans will wait for that.
- Dalai presented the idea of modeling module to expand the geometry nodes system.
Nodes & Physics
Participant: Sebastián Barschkis.
- Talked about real-time fluid pipeline, but need more time for that.
Participant: Julian Eisel.
- Asset browser review is going smooth.
- Julian will present an asset browser demo next week in the studio.
Sculpt, Paint, Texture
Participant: Pablo Dobarro.
- Review on the sculpt design process:
- Pablo believes that Julien may find his current role frustrating.
- He will be presented with too many limitations when he is to give feedback and approval for the tools.
- Pablo is interested on trying this approach though.
- Once the dynamic topology refactor is finished that will lift most of the limitations as well.
Pablo has a Windows wacom work setup.
- Nicholas Rishel can contact him if he needs help with testing.
Joseph Eagar is still working in the dynamic topology refactor.
- The goal is bcon2.
Pablo won’t mind wrapping up some of the long standing projects but it needs to be a coordinated effort
- For instance, for Sculpt Painting he needs help with the final architecture design decisions for multires.
- Besides a well defined design to move Blender vertex and weight paint modes into a generic attribute painting pipeline.
Animation & Rigging
Participant: Sybren Stüvel.
- Wayde Moss is now a recipient of dev grant for the coming 3 months.
- 2.91 release notes
- There was an update in one of the graphs already.
- For further updates the team would need more specific directions.
- There are not enough involved animators that can help with more production-like tests (and demos)
- Sybren would like to formalize a bigger involvement from the Blender studio animators.
VFX & Video
Participant: Richard Antalík.
- For tools development Richard will reach out to the community (e.g., devtalk thread)
- For the current targets (media transform and caching) the development and design are handled internally.
- The VSE milestone 1 (i.e., performance) is almost ready (pending Francesco’s review)
Data, Assets & I/O
Participant: Bastien Montagne.
- NLA overrides is now in master
- Still need to check if some of the new USD development will make into 2.92
- The geometry nodes changes for the modifier data (IDProperties) were reviewed and are already in master.
- Bastien focused the past 2 weeks in patch review (geometry-nodes and asset browser).
- The review of asset browser is going smooth and is still on schedule.
Participant: Antonio Vazquez (via blender.chat)
- Curve editing next steps planning by Falk David:
- Focus on Import/Export
- Bezier Editing (after I/O)
- Antonio sent the mail to bf-committers about libharu lib, however the email did not arrive to the list
- Antonio is working in new Layer transform parameters (Loc/Rot/Scale)
- This is very useful for Storyboarding.
- Daniel Lara will create a video explaining why this is so handy.
- Falk wants to work in his Booleans library
- Yesterday the
greasepencil-iobranch was merged into
- This includes Export to PDF/SVG and SVG import
- libharuis required to compile the branch