- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- Jeff Amstutz (Intel)
- GPU automated testing: Brecht committed initial support. OpenCL testing still needs work. Status is summarized in the task. (T82193)
- Kévin continues work on Alembic procedural and defining a better separated public API.
- Patrick is close to ready with CPU + GPU rendering support for OptiX, implementation was discussed with Lukas and patch will be submitted. (D9718)
- Stefan asked about if/how hdCycles could be integrated in the main Cycles/Blender project repository. Brecht thinks this is functionality we’d like to natively support in Cycles. Brecht suggest pushing the implementation to a branch in the Cycles repository would be a good start to get review started. Code is independent of core Cycles, it just uses the Cycles API.
- Jeff is interested in making Cycles CMake use more modern target base functionality. Brecht points to (D8864) where the plan is already to do this for Blender as a whole, so doing this for Cycles should be fine.
- Eevee AOV and Cryptomatte features are close to ready
- Move later to accommodate west coast USA? Less convenient for some attendees near or after the end of working hours, and potentially conflicting with other meetings. No immediate consensus to definitely do this, would like to hear from Brian or others interested in this if they plan to regularly attend the meeting if we change it.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.