- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Clément Foucault (Blender)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
Status of Ongoing Projects
- Focus right now for developers is bug fixing for the 2.91 release.
- Vulkan refactor and associated state tracking is causing compatibility issues in Python scripts that use BGL and the GPU module. Clément works on it and Jeroen helps testing Python example scripts to ensure they still work. Hopefully reported issues can be solved without API compatibility breakage, but it’s not clear yet.
- The GPU module will need significant improvements for us to drop BGL in future releases. Germano started work on this some time ago, unclear currently if Clément should take over or how this will be organized. Brecht will ask Dalai.
- Brecht will focus this week on bug fixing and code review of patches like generic attributes.
- Kévin continues to work on API update project.
- Usage of update flags : nearly done, some regressions are to be fixed (some dicing tests are failing)
- Optix BVH refit : was done against master, will need to merge into the procedural branch to check everything works somewhat properly
- Render Device node: patch will be updated
- Cycles and Eevee module owners will update workboards to reflect plans for next few months by the next meeting.
- Automated testing of Cycles and Eevee in various configurations is important to ensure good performance and stability long term. With the new devops engineer this is a project that will become possible. Something to think about regarding the requirements on the sides of both development and devops, though this project is not going to start immediately.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 2 to 3 PM Amsterdam Time