Notes for meeting of Monday, 20 July 2020. 18:00 CEST / UTC 16:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- bcon3 still scheduled for July 22.
- There will be no splashscreen ready for bcon3/beta.
List of targets is updated
- Some were marked as done because they were postponed or non blocking (particle nodes, Cycles sampling patch).
- Others were marked as done because they are effectively done and documented.
- Patches that are blocking for bcon3 and need final review and to be committed:
- Patches that need final review/committed or postponed:
- Features with undefined status:
- Add Object Tool
- Antonio Vazquez to decide on the SVG I/O feature - it won’t be complete to 2.90 so it is either postponed or released in a known weak state.
Dalai Felinto to organize the 2.90 workboard to make the release status more clear.
- There are too many tasks on the backlog.
- Some of the TODO tasks are bugs, so not bcon3 blocking features.
- Julian Eisel suggests bcon3 may need to be postponed, but to be seen based on the pending tasks in the workboard once it is organized.
New Features and Changes
- UV Editing
- User Interface
- Status bar can optionally show scene statistics again, through the right click menu (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Shortcuts for constraint panels (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Improved layout for custom property editor (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Disable ‘Alt’ click for tools prompt by default (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Improve design of macOS .dmg background (commit) (Francesco Siddi)
- Draw hook relationship lines (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Add extra deform types to Smear (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Python API
- Element multiplication for vector, matrix, quaternions (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Option to use OpenGL context in RenderEngine.render (commit) (Miguel Pozo)
- VSE: Python API, allow creation of VSE Movie strips with missing file (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- New property
Screen.is_scrubbing(commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
2.91 or Later
- Sculpt: color palettes for sculpt vertex colors (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- macOS: build system changes towards support for arm64 architecture. (commit) (Stefan Werner)