Notes for meeting of Monday, 2 November 2020. 11:00 CET / UTC 10:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Together Apart - Blender Conference 2020 last Friday.
- User Interface meeting notes.
- 2.91 bug spring this week.
- Code quality day this Friday.
- Robert Gützkow accepted a grant to work part time in bug triaging starting November.
- Nicholas Rishel is now a committer, currently working on improved Windows tablet support.
- Bassam Kurdali and Christoph Lendenfeld are now officially part of the animation and rigging module.
New Features and Changes
- Fluids: add APIC simulation method (commit) (Sebastián Barschkis)
- Sculpt (Pablo Dobarro)
- Grease Pencil (Antonio Vazquez)
- Graph Editor: Un-Bake FCurves operator (commit) (Sebastian Parborg)
- Multires: remove simple subdivision type, in favor of simple subdivide operator (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)
- Lattice: apply modifier operator is now supported (commit) (Erik Abrahamsson)
- Motion Tracking: simplified configuration of camera intrinsics to refine (commit) (commit) (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)
- Cycles: tile stealing to improve CPU + GPU rendering performance (commit) (Lukas Stockner)
- Outliner: properties editor sync on selection (commit) (Nathan Craddock)
- User Interface:
- Various improvements to layout and naming (Yevgeny Makarov, Sybren A. Stüvel, Philipp Oeser, Aaron Carlisle)
- Cycle enum values with trackpad Ctrl-Pan (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Windows: improved Wintab tablet support, fixing various bugs and improving sculpt and paint stroke quality (Nicholas Rishel)
- Python API: point sys.executable to the Python binary,
bpy.app.binary_path_pythonis now deprecated (commit) (Campbell Barton)