Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Ankit Meel is receiving a development grant to help with bug triaging.
- Blender 2.93 bcon3 and 3.0 bcon1
- 10 years of Cycles this Friday, April 23.
- The GSoC deadline for students proposals is officially over.
- Potential mentors to help review them.
- Developers interested on helping review the proposals please contact Dalai Felinto.
No module activity reported this week.
No project activity reported this week.
New Features and Changes
Video Sequence Editor
- Adjust default proxy settings (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Breadcrumbs and node pinning (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Rename Point to Vertex for meshes in the spreadsheet (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add domain and data type to attribute search (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Realize instances when applying node modifiers (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Improve speed of implicit attribute conversions (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Automatically convert data types when writing to builtin attributes (commit)
- Add custom tooltips for group input properties (commit) (Fabian Schempp)
- Snap to cage geometry in the measure tool (commit) (Germano Cavalcante)
- Add a workspace for geometry nodes in the default startup file (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Improve feedback when adding node fails (e.g. on drag & drop) (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Remove (revert) the camera lock gizmo button (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Various naming tweaks (commit, commit) (Hans Goudey, Aaron Carlisle)
- Enable transfer mode functionality for switching objects in Sculpt Mode (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Update menu entries for new Expand operator (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Invert color offsetting for Single and Object mode (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)