Notes for meeting of Monday, 18 May 2020. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Thursday is holiday in the Netherlands (21/5 - ascention day).
- Tracker curfew wrap up - blog post.
- Yiming Wu is resuming his work on LANPR.
- Welcome Ubisoft developers: Nicolas Fauvet, Sylvain Magdelaine and Thomas Capelle. They have been granted commit access to work in the
Bug Fixing Sprint
- The average of daily fixes went up 92%, from 13 to 25.
- High priority bugs went down from 18 to 5.
- Unclassified went from 117 to 105 (need to improve further).
- New reports and untriaged continues around the same (which is good).
- Known issues went up 24, to a total of 594.
- Reports that need developers attention when down 6%, from 770 to 732.
- LTS final plan is still to be proposed/announced.
- Brecht Van Lommel created T76058 to address the changes in Blender regarding LTS numbering.
- There are still open bugs tagged as 2.83. Dalai Felinto to assign them to developers.
Google Summer of Code
- Regression Testing Framework by Himanshi Kalra starts this week - branch
- The updated proposals for all the projects will be in the GSoC 2020 page.
New Features and Changes
- User Interface: new About dialog, accessible from the Blender app menu. (Harley Acheson)
- User Interface: undo/redo support for text fields. (Hans Goudey)
- Grease Pencil: X-ray option for canvas grid, to make the grid always visible and not occluded by meshes. (Antonio Vazquez)
- Grease Pencil: anti-aliasing threshold render option, to control trade-off between sharpness and over-blurring. (Antonio Vazquez)
- Preferences: option for default empty size for collection instances. (Jacques Lucke)