New Features and Changes
The focus continues to be on bug fixing and refining Blender 2.80. About 80 bugs were fixed last week.
- Cycles OpenCL compilation times have been reduced, using multithreaded compilation. (Jeroen Bakker, Lukas Stockner).
- Cycles animation denoising is now available as a Python operator, taking one or more rendered frames as input and producing a denoised frame. There is no user interface for this yet, that comes later. (Lukas Stockner, Tangent Animation, Brecht Van Lommel).
- Eevee now supports rendering of image sequence and movies. (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Eevee lights not have units in Watt. (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Wireframe drawing has had some further improvements in terms of quality, and now also supports wide lines on macOS. (Clément Foucault)
- User interface layout tweaks for various panels. (William Reynish)
- Keymap: new preference for shortcuts to work both with tap and pie menu. For example Z can be used to both toggle wireframe mode and open the shading mode pie menu. (Campbell Barton)
- Keymap: Alt+N now flips normals in edit mode. (Campbell Barton)
- Simplify settings now have an option to globally disable high resolution smoke volume drawing. (Sergey Sharybin)
- More outliner visibility changes were discussed among developers and designers. (design proposal)