Notes for meeting of Monday, 17 August 2020. 18:00 CEST / UTC 16:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Blender minimum version bumped to 2.90 - to warn users that jump from 2.90 to LTS.
- Blender 2.91 release cycle calendar updated:
- bcon4 this Wednesday August 17th - only critical bugs should be fixed after that.
- All commits to the 2.90 branch should go through code review - this was part of the release cycle. already, but we will try to be really strict about it this time.
- All the issues on the 2.90 workboard should be fixed by Wednesday or moved to 2.91
- Blender 2.91 already has a schedule and a workboard.
- Howard Trickey would like the new boolean project to move onto the workboard for 2.91 - he is still waiting for Campbell Barton to look at it and will tag as 2.91 meanwhile.
- Custom Space for Constraints may also be a 2.91 target, but the animation module should assess that.
Google Summer of Code
- The Google Summer of Code is coming to an end, and this is the last week of coding.
- At the end of the next week the final code and reports will have to be submitted to Google.
- Students are to wrap things up and document and submit code for review.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt (Pablo Dobarro)
- Grease Pencil (Antonio Vazquez)
- Sequencer: add zoom-to-fit view mode (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)
- Overrides: support copying of linked modifiers (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Python API: