Notes for meeting of Monday, 16 December 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC on #blender-coders on blender.chat . (details ).
- Mantaflow will land today 16 December 2019.
- Bcon 2 will be in effect after Mantaflow lands. Dalai Felinto will notify bf-committers and update necessary pages to reflect new status.
- In Bcon2 note that
master branch is open for fixes and agreed improvements only. New work is to be conducted in feature branches.
- Bcon2 will last until 9 January 2020.
- Jeroen Bakker requests comments for T72007 -
Design: EEVEE Compositing task
- Jeroen Bakker will work with Sebastian Parborg on LANPR patch review.
- Dalai Felinto will post list of people to contact for issues with dev or infra for duration of the holiday season.
Changes / New Features
- Custom render passes are now supported. They are added in the Shader AOVs panel in the view layer settings, with a name and data type. In shader nodes, an AOV Output node is then used to output either a value or color to the pass. (Lukas Stockner)
- Simplify options have been inverted. (Antonio Vazquez)
- Add gizmos for translation, rotation and scale transforms in UV. (Campbell Barton)
- Add view aligned gizmo for shear. (Campbell Barton)
- Added remesh shortcuts, support for context menu PC keyboard key, and support cycling for all tool shortcuts. (William Reynish)
- Add interpolation modes to Map Range node. (Charlie Jolly)
- Noise and wave distortion now work uniformly instead of diagonally. (Bartosz Moniewski)
- Brush settings were overhauled. (William Reynish)
Universal Scene Description
- Simple USD exporter added. (Sybren Stüvel)
Weekly Progress Reports