Notes for meeting of Monday, 14 December 2020. 11:00 CET / UTC 10:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Blender now has a license attribution document
- Any library maintainer should try to keep this up to date.
- This is valid for the
svn libfolder as well as the libraries in
- Rendering Meeting
- Tuesday Talks - (placeholder link for the upcoming meeting)
- There are a few crashes that could be ported already.
- The suggestion is to aim at a 2.91.1 release in January when more developers are around.
- bcon2 is on this Wednesday (December 16th).
- Asset browser merge is still planned for today or tomorrow.
- Point cloud will be moved to experimental again
- The geometry nodes project is working on not depending on it.
- The grease pencil project still needs a final decision regarding libharu.
New Features and Changes
- Geometry Nodes
- Eevee: include volume transmittance in color render passes (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Sculpt: Elastic deform type for Snake Hook (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Grease Pencil: support linking effects with Ctrl+L (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Weld Modifier: add Connected mode (commit) (Henrik Dick)
- User Interface
- Improved script execution warning (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Update industry compatible keymap modifiers and property search changes (commit) (commit) (William Reynish, Hans Goudey)
- Various small layout and naming tweaks (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov, Thomas Beck, Hans Goudey, William Reynish)