Notes for meeting of Monday, 13 July 2020. 11:00 CEST / UTC 09:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Bug Sprint Week for the week 13-17 July 2020.
- Reminder to not share copyrighted material as part of discussions/design work.
- Kévin Dietrich starts working on Cycles API through a grant
- Released last week, with 15 fixes. This week more automation of steps involved (Steam and Snap).
- Bcon3 currently planned for 22nd of July. Developers are urged to ensure their work is in good shape. See the planning.
- Developers are reminded to update the wiki pages after commits, even for experimental features (https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.90)
- Make sculpt vertex colors feature experimental, so it is hidden by default. It will likely be enabled in 2.91. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Support for sky texture shader (but not the new one yet) (commit) (Szymon Ulatowski)
- Alembic and USD:
- User Interface
- Improved handling of deep copy and linked datablocks. (commit) (Bastien Montagne)