Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Google Summer Code deadline for proposals is Tuesday April 13th.
- Mentors then have 3 weeks to review and decide on the applicants.
- Blender 2.93 bcon3 meeting Tuesday April 13, 11:00 CEST
No projects with updates this week.
New Features and Changes
- Faster animation and re-rendering with persistent data (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- EEVEE: Use a new implementation for reflections (commit) (Clément Foucault)
- Cycles: Update Light Paths preset (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Bounding box node (commit, commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Significantly improve speed of some mesh primitives (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Support instances in attribute search (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Use distance units for socket values (commit) (Wannes Malfait)
- Rename grid output UV attribute (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Support showing the data for a specific node (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add Alt-Click selection for a list of bones under the cursor (commit) (Sebastian Parborg)
- Text Editor: Don’t force other views to follow the cursor (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Remove confusing “Unset” button context menu entry (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Add a dedicated view in the Outliner for override information (commit) (Bastien Montagne)