Notes for meeting of Monday, 10 February 2020. 11:00 CET / UTC 10:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- If everything goes as planned we’ll have a 2.82 release later this week.
- OSL / LLVM / Freetype master-only library updates (Ray Molenkamp)
Blender 2.82 - bcon4
- All in track for final release this Thursday (13/2/2020).
- The only missing part is still documentation.
Blender 2.83 - bcon1
- Blender 2.83 bcon2 starts on March 12th (when all the new features are to be already committed).
- Friendly remind to everyone to have patches reviewed and features committed (way) before bcon2. For big features we can try to aim at least for the previous week, (Dalai Felinto)
Code quality day last Friday had mixed results. The team who managed to work on this had a good time, and delivered improvements. However the participation (among core developers even) was very low. Feedback is welcome.
Tracker curfew  rhythm slowed down a bit last week. There are still plenty of reports to be triaged/classified. It is time to focus again and get over with its first stage this before March. Then the development team can assess whether to focus on fixing said bugs, or to more bugs into the known issues pile.
Changes and New Features
- 3D viewport
- Improve selection with many small objects in the 3D viewport, when objects are smaller than a pixel. (Clément Foucault)
- Support view roll in axis-aligned views. (Campbell Barton)
- Modifiers: invert vertex group option for Warp, Lattice, Curve and Smooth modifiers.
- Fluids: various UI tweaks and improved obstacle boundary handling. (Sebastián Barschkis)
- Cycles: improved denoising passes for specular BSDFs. (Lukas Stockner)
- Sequencer: option to include handles in box selection. (Richard Antalik)
- Preference to swap 3D orbit/pan actions. (Campbell Barton)
- Preference for relative/absolute Alt-MMB navigation. (Campbell Barton)
- User Interface:
- Invert toolbar icon colors for light toolbar button background. (Yevgeny Makarov)