Notes for meeting of Monday, 10 August 2020. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Bf-usd mailing list created.
- Buildbot now builds automatically after changes are committed to the master branch.
- This helps to detect breakages early and find the exact commit that caused them.
- Builds for download are still only made once a day.
- This is not integrated with developer.blender.org.
Code Quality Day
- Last Friday we had the 7th code quality day.
- Special note to the clang-tidy project which is now 2/3 of the way done.
- Sergey Sharybin and Dalai Felinto will prepare a report to show what was accomplished with this project so far.
Bug Sprint Week
- Last week was also the 2nd Bug Sprint Week of 2.90.
- 47 tasks were closed as Resolved.
- 81 fixes were committed (commits with "Fix in their subject).
- The number of high priority bugs is still 18 - 9 of them were fixed, but there are 9 new ones.
The activity started well in the beginning of the week, and it dropped a bit by the end of it.
Part of this is the code quality Friday that coincided with the bug sprint. Part is the delay from when a bug gets fixed, then reviewed and merged.
- bcon4 is next week on August 19th.
- All module owners (and members) - make sure high priority bugs are assigned, reclassified as normal priority, or tagged for 2.91 instead.
- Same for bugs tagged as 2.90 of other priorities.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt (Pablo Dobarro)
- Cloth Brush simulation area property (commit)
- Cloth Brush/Filter Collisions (commit)
- Sharpen Mesh Filter curvature smoothing and intensify details (commit)
- Option to lock the rotation in the Pose Brush scale deform mode (commit)
- Cloth brush Pin Simulation Boundary property (commit)
- Split Box Mask into its own operator (commit)
- Grease Pencil (Antonio Vazquez)
- User Interface: Name force fields using the type of force by default (commit) (Matias Herrero)
- Python: include Python stack trace in the crash log (commit) (Daniel Bailey)