- Next week developers gather in Amsterdam for the Homestretch Workshop. There will be no IRC meeting then, but many face-to-face meetings.
- The Spring open movie will be released on April 4. This project has been very important in testing 2.80 in production, and will come with tutorials on how 2.80 was used on cloud.blender.org.
New Features and Changes
About 90 bugs were fixed last week.
- Eevee: added support for undeformed texture coordinates, and coordinates from another object. (Clément Foucault)
- Grease pencil: much improved soft eraser tool. (Antonio Vazquez)
- UI: better display of report messages in the status bar. (Nathan Craddock)
- UI: better muted node visualization, greying out the entire node. (Robert Guetzkow)
- UI: support for default active button in popups and file browser, to quickly confirm operations. (Campbell Barton)
view3d.select_or_deselect_alloperator has been removed, replaced by a
view3d.select. Keymaps will need to be updated to account for this.
- Additional bugs in the tracker have been marked as high priority to indicate issues that we must fix before the 2.80 release. To developers: if you’re aware of more such bugs, please mark them as high priority. (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Low level details on the new function nodes system are now in the wiki. (Jacques Lucke)