Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Blender 2.93 bcon2 next week.
- Dalai Felinto will host meeting for the modules to present their 2.93 roadmap on Monday, 15/Mar 11:00 CET on blender.chat.
- All the modules need is to have a prepared list of the planned new features, and their current state.
Animation & Rigging
- Module meeting notes: 2021-03-04 Animation & Rigging Module Meeting
- New design discussions about D9054: Pose Sliding tools improvements in the module chat; there will be a meeting about this soon to improve the design.
Data, Assets, and IO
- Ongoing work on the Asset Browser / Pose Library.
VFX & Video
- The initial attribute lookup was implemented. The polishing pass will wait until categories are handled in the spreadsheet.
- Initial spreadsheet editor work was sent for review. A prototype is in `temp-spreadsheet-editor’.
- The spreadsheet editor design was presented to the modules (via bf-committers).
New Features and Changes
- Read metadata from multilayer OpenEXR files (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)
- Expose vertex normals as a read-only attribute (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Add search for existing attributes on name inputs (commit, commit, commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Add “Show in property editor” button to sample texture node (commit) (Philipp Oeser)
- Implement auto-key button for Draw/Edit and Sculpt mode (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Speedup for usual non-manifold exact boolean case (commit) (Howard Trickey)
- Operator to expand masks and face sets (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Clean up labels and descriptions: “Draw” to “Display” (commit) (William Reynish)
- Minor changes to preset sorting (commit) (Aaron Carlisle, Campbell Barton)
- Prefer shorter search items in fuzzy search (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add Presets for high framerate video (commit) (Aaron Carlisle)
- Allow translation for node error messages (commit) (Hans Goudey)
Video Sequence Editor
- Improve scrubbing performance (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Bastien Montagne
- Campbell Barton
- Clément Foucault
- Dalai Felinto
- Falk David
- Germano Cavalcante
- Hans Goudey
- Howard Trickey
- Jacques Lucke
- Jeroen Bakker
- Julian Eisel
- Kévin Dietrich
- Metin Seven
- Pablo Dobarro
- Philipp Oeser
- Richard Antalik
- Sebastián Barschkis
- Sebastian Parborg
- Sergey Sharybin
- Sybren Stüvel