Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Fabian Schempp is a new member of the Nodes & Physics to continue working on Geometry Nodes.
- Ray Molenkamp (LazyDodo) is now officially a module owner of the “Platforms, Builds, Tests & Devices” module.
- Blender 2.92 released last week on February 25, 2021.
- Bastien Montagne re-tagged all remaining 2.92 tasks to 2.93.
- Code quality day this Friday, March 5th, 2021.
- Sergey Sharybin. will write more details to bf-committers later.
VFX & Video
- Richard was working on scrubbing performance optimization - testing is needed.
- Hans Goudey and Julian Eisel did a code review session again, covering ~20 user interface patches.
Platforms, Builds, Tests & Devices
- New proposal about self-hosting external libraries in Blender’s servers.
Asset Browser & Pose Libraries
- Work in progress “asset view” UI template, allowing regular layouts (panels, regions, popups, etc) to show a mini version of the Asset Browser.
- Initial work in the attribute spreadsheet can be found in
- Attribute search/lookup is awaiting for review, can be found in
- Main focus this week is to implement new features for spreadsheet editor, finalize/polish the attibute search and do the design for the Python node tools.
New Features and Changes
- Bastien Montagne
- Campbell Barton
- Clément Foucault
- Dalai Felinto
- Falk David
- Germano Cavalcante
- Hans Goudey
- Howard Trickey
- Jacques Lucke
- Jeroen Bakker
- Julian Eisel
- Kévin Dietrich
- Metin Seven
- Pablo Dobarro
- Philipp Oeser
- Richard Antalik
- Sebastián Barschkis
- Sebastian Parborg
- Sergey Sharybin
- Sybren Stüvel