Windows Build Issue

While building it gives me this error. :-

buildinfo.c
Creating library C:/blender-git/build_windows_x64_vc16_Release/bin/Release/blender.lib and object C:/blender-git/build_windows_x64_vc16_Release/bin/Release/blender.exp
bf_draw.lib(overlay_shader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol datatoc_paint_weight_vert_glsl [C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\source\creator\blender.vcxproj]
C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals [C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\source\creator\blender.vcxproj]

Build FAILED.

bf_draw.lib(overlay_shader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol datatoc_paint_weight_vert_glsl [C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\source\creator\blender.vcxproj]
C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals [C:\blender-git\build_windows_x64_vc16_Release\source\creator\blender.vcxproj]
0 Warning(s)
2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:16.28

How do I fix these errors ?
I’m pretty new to open source, please help me figure this out. Thank you.

Most of the times when an error occur you can either wait for it to be fixed or sometimes a change can not cleanly get update at least from what i know.

• After some time you can repeat the make update command
  • Delete the build depending on what command you used it has a different name. Mine is build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Rlease

Thats what i do. And sometimes when i changed something in the code an svn cleanup but thats a different topic.

I can’t reproduce on current master, but it may have been broken earlier today and got fixed already.

I’d probably start with a make update see if that resolves it if not remove your build_windows_x64_vc16_Release folder and try again, perhaps some bad data got cached.

Thank you for your reply. I tried both your steps but none seem to work. I still keep getting the same error. Any idea what to do ?

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you said but it doesn’t seem to work. I still keep getting the same error. Any idea what to do ?

what is the output when you run make showhash in the source folder?