UI Node group

Two features I would like to have in to make the node group less “stone age”

1. If I set a min and max value in an inparameter, I would like the movement for the person that later uses that parameter to be at least in a fix amount of steps or that you are able to add amount of steps you would like the user to have.Today if I put like min =0 and max =0.1… I get a giant jump from 0 to 0.1 directly instead of a smooth movement where I get 0.01, 0.02… to 0.1 It’s really annoying and makes the node groups very primitive to work with.
  2. It would be nice to be able to split the different topics in a node group. Either by a splitter or that you make it visible on the “top” Node Group that one or several in-parameters resides in a child node group (showing it in another box inside the top node group or using title/splitter between parameters).
3 Likes

By using Ctrl and shift keys as a modifier, user is able to choose a step of 0.001, 0.01 or 0.1 by a click and drag on slider.
Using Ctrl and shift keys by clicking on little arrows, steps are 1, 0.1, or 0.01.

1 Like

I propose this:

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/basics/ladder.html

It would be nice to be able to split the different topics in a node group. Either by a splitter or that you make it visible on the “top” Node Group that one or several in-parameters resides in a child node group (showing it in another box inside the top node group or using title/splitter between parameters).

What do you mean by that? How does this “Top” Node look like?

1 Like

Hi,

You can do several of layers of group nodes, so if you see on the image I attached I have the “Top” layer group node is using the “noise” texture in my example. The “sub” group would be the one using “voronoi” texture and the parameters from that should be possible to frame or subgroup in the first one called “EnhancedNoise”.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Br

Joakim!
levelExampleNodes|690x388

1 Like